Saturday 21 December 2013

Manchester times!

Last week I handed in my Coursework and broke up from uni for Christmas break so I planned to spend the weekend in Manchester visiting my friend Bim who had just moved there for work. I've been to Manchester before but only briefly so it was nice to spend a whole weekend there and take a stroll through the Christmas markets and Art Gallery.  It was also my Birthday last week so it was nice to get away after all the uni stress!
I also met up with fellow blogger Halima over at Fashionicide for dinner while I was there which was nice as it's always lovely to meet bloggers in person! We decided on a Wagamama's and had a lovely evening discussing blogging, parents and er, politics haha!

The next day I dragged Bim over to the Manchester Art Gallery in town. We went on a Sunday near closing time so it was nice and quite and we just had a look round. I love going to Art Galleries whenever I'm in a City that I don't know that well. I don't know a thing about art though - I just like having a look round; I feel like I'm walking through someone's home and having a nosey at their pictures ha!
This was my favourite painting, I wish I could remember what it was called but it shows Egyptian women collecting water from the Nile.

Hope you're all having a lovely Christmas break and enjoying the festivities/holidays/time of work

Check out my latest YouTube video on making decisions HERE 
Find me on: YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooo Manchester!! So much cooler than I (ignorantly) thought it would be (:

    great post !!!
    www.ammieandsharrie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually at the markets on thursday/friday. Got some mulled cider from one of the stalls and it was so good tasting. Bought a candle for my mum, it was nice to have a wonder. I really enjoy going to the Manchester Art Gallery, looks like it's the one you went to.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the Manchester markets! I hope you enjoy your break from uni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    I am a blogger myself and blog at www.glamdiaries.com . I was wondering if you would like to swap blog buttons for the month of January? I am doing this with a few other blogs who are in the same range as me so we can all grow our audience together. Hopefully it will be an amazing way to start the new year.

    If you want to participate email me at shivani@glamdiaries.com or just comment on my blog :)

    ~ Shivani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I really want to go to Manchester just to buy those mugs! Enjoy the holidays Saadiya, we will be back at uni before we know it :( xx

    rara from RepeatPiece

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've lived in Manchester for 4 months and still haven't visited the art gallery, I need to get my act together!

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.