Tuesday 29 July 2014

Angelina Jolie // Current Girl Crush

I haven't done a Girl Crush post in a while so I thought I would write one up featuring the love of my life, Angelina Jolie. My friend Nora and I are kind of in love with her and I need to tell you why. First of all, she is stunning. Literally, gorgeous. In a sort of 'omg is she even real???!' kind of way. Second of all, she always manages to pull off really interesting, intriguing characters or totally bad-ass female leads, playing complex characters and giving such depth to her performances.  It's great to see a female actor play such strong roles so well, again and again. Even in the film Mr & Mrs Smith, her character was still pretty bad-ass and I feel like any film she is in will not be a disappointment, simply because of her. Finally, I don't think I can talk about Angelina Jolie without mentioning the work she did for UNICEF, her position as Special Envoy to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (not forgetting her previous position as United Nations Goodwill Ambassador) and her current campaign to end sexual violence in war zones and war torn areas (you can read about sexual violence being used as a weapon in war and her recent work on this here, here and here). People have differing opinions about celebrities getting involved in politics but I think that it's absolutely brilliant that, despite her success, she is doing a great deal for such a complicated and devastating cause. I think that deserves some praise. 


Who is your girl crush?

Check out my latest YouTube video: Current Favourites
Find me on: YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

2 comments:

  1. She's such a babe! My ultimate girl crush!

    Emma x

    BEAUTY AND RAGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. she has been my girl crush for ages! glad someone is too lol
    Besos
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.